Here you’ll find details of the accessible facilities and services available at hub by Premier Inn.
At hub by Premier Inn the needs and equal treatment of all our guests is central to everything we do. We recognise that there is no single hotel design or layout that will meet everyone’s needs and preferences.
If during your stay there’s something we could do to help, or make your stay more comfortable, please let us know.
1. Bookings and pre-arrival
- The exact facilities differ from hotel to hotel and may be subject to availability, so, if there’s anything in particular that you need, please contact the hotel direct before you book.
2. Car parking and directions
- There are no car parking facilities at hub hotels but if you call the hotel direct, they’ll be able to help you find ones nearby.
- Directions to a particular hotel, and details of local transport options, can be obtained via our website, app or by contacting the hotel direct.
3. Arrival and reception
- All of our hotels have door entry systems at the main entrance so you can buzz reception.
- There is level access to the reception via the main entrance and where necessary, dropped kerbs and access ramps have been installed for wheelchair access. Where level access to the hotel via the main entrance is not possible, due to the design or layout of the building, alternative access arrangements will have been made. These may include the use of platform lifts or an alternative entrance to the building.
- Induction loops are installed at all of our reception areas.
- Familiarisation tours of the building can be provided.
- Please let one of the hub hosts know at check-in if you need any assistance in the event of a fire evacuation.
4. Public areas - general (internal)
- Access around the public areas of our hotels is generally level, incorporating ramps where necessary.
- Where level access around the public areas is not possible, due to the design or layout of the building, alternative access arrangements will have been made. These may include the use of platform or passenger lifts or an alternative access route to the area concerned.
- For fire safety, the circulation corridors of our hotels are subdivided at regular intervals by self-closing, fire resisting doors.
5. Our deli and bar
- Our delis have accessible toilet facilities with grab rails, adequate transfer space, accessible sinks with lever taps and emergency alarm pull cords.
- Large print menus and portable induction loops are available. We’ll be happy to take you through the menu options if requested.
- If you need your meal brought to your table, just ask.
- All of our hotels have accessible bedrooms close to the reception or a lift lobby.
- All of our accessible bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms (see ‘Bathrooms’ section below for details of these).
- The bedrooms are designed to allow wheelchair users adequate space to travel around the room and manoeuvre their wheelchair. A clear space to allow transfer from a wheelchair to the bed is provided on one side of the bed.
- We have provided 6ft ‘zip & link’ beds so that the room can be set up as either a double or twin room for maximum flexibility.
- The beds in our accessible bedrooms are 480mm in height in accordance with the standards recommended in British Standard 8300:2009 ‘Design of buildings and their approaches to meet the needs of disabled people – Code of Practice’. This height is recommended as it corresponds to the seat height of the majority of wheelchairs and, therefore, facilitates transfer between the wheelchair and the bed.
- Unfortunately, we can’t provide mobile hoists. However, if you wish to bring your own mobile hoist we can arrange to have the bed raised to accommodate its use, if given sufficient advance notice at the time of booking.
- If during your stay you’d like the bedroom furniture rearranged, or an item of furniture removed or provided, let a hub host know.
- The flooring in bedrooms is short pile carpet.
- Televisions with a remote control are provided in all bedrooms and can display subtitles.
- The entrance doors to accessible bedrooms are fitted with wide angle door viewers (spy holes) at both seated and standing levels.
- All accessible bedrooms are provided with emergency assistance alarms.
- Fire evacuation procedures are displayed on the back of the bedroom door. Please let reception know if you need help in the event of a fire evacuation.
- Vibrating pillow pads with strobe lights are available to alert guests who are deaf or hearing impaired in the event of a fire.
- In accordance with hub by Premier Inn policy, all of our hotel bedrooms are non-smoking.
- All of our accessible bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms, with wide entry doors for ease of access and adequate turning space for a standard wheelchair. The toilet in the bathroom has grab rails.
- Wet room facilities are available in our accessible bathrooms with a level access shower.
- All accessible bathrooms are fitted with accessible sinks, with lever taps and are provided with an emergency assistance pull cord.
- Bathroom floors are of a non-slip material and bath mats are available from reception upon request.
8. Additional information
- Assistance dogs are welcome at all hub by Premier Inn hotels.
- All hub hosts receive disability awareness training.
- In some of our hotels, where there are accessible bedrooms above the ground floor, the fire evacuation procedure may involve wheelchair users being directed to a safe refuge in the first instance. Evacuation chairs are available in these hotels to assist in the evacuation of guests.
- We’re sorry, we can’t offer personal care. Where personal care is required, please contact your own local social services who may be able to advise of approved care services local to the hotel.
- If you need any assistance during your stay, please let us know and we’ll do our best to help.
9. Contact information
hub by Premier Inn Guest Relations
Telephone: Central Reservations can be contacted on 0871 527 9236*. Contact telephone numbers for individual hotels can be found on the website.
Fax: You can fax Central Reservations on 0871 527 8001* Fax numbers for individual hotels can be found on the website.
*Calls cost 10p per minute + network extras
Website: For general enquiries, or to provide customer feedback, please visit the ‘Contact us’ section.
Bookings: Bookings can be made via our website, by calling Central Reservations or with the hotel direct.